JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Friday, May 7, 2010



Today was a day of endings and new beginnings.


May
oil on canvas
8x10in, 2010
available

I finished up a few plein air studies rendered last week and finally completed a large commission that I REALLY struggled with over the past few months. I can't post it yet as it is a surprise for the recipient. So now I am free once more to follow my own intuition re concept and direction. Freedom comes at a high price but it's worth every penny.

2 comments:

  1. I find commissions to be draining. I know exactly what you mean about the freedom, which is SO appreciated after. I did a sailboat commission and had to email pictures back and forth about what items he wanted in the cockpit and where he was sitting etc. I almost took an exacto knife to the canvas.
    Happy new beginnings! This is a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Catherine. re commission, thankfully the client and I are very symbiotic re the painting style, subject matter etc, -but because it is a gift fore his beloved, I really put pressure on myself re wanting her to experience memories and stir feelings re growing up in the location I painted. I will know next week, so am hoping....

    ReplyDelete