JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I had intended on posting some new plein air work as I was able to get out yesterday for a few hours… It was joyous to be back out in the sun and clouds-working to the songs of birds. My painting was coming along beautifully and I couldn’t wait to see it once back in the studio...

May, A Really Good Day, oil on canvas, 12x12in, 2009

Alas, after hiking all the way back , fate intercepted. On my way up the stairs my darling Rubyblue dog ran into the side of my wet painting...sometimes things are just not in the stars and you have to let them go.










 But I HAVE TOMORROW! ALL DAY! YAY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get lots of painting in to make up for lost time! How is that large painting unfolding that I saw on Monday? Also, I see that you sold the May painting a few posts ago..was one of my favorites..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Morgan, I am excited to resume the large piece today..hopefully some of those passages are dry enough.
    Yes, I sold that painting to a couple over the weekend. They grew up in the Niagara region so it really was an honour for them to have it-- I have been fortunate to have sold work to people who live in different parts of the world but it's always meaningful when I-my work- connect to people from this region.

    ReplyDelete