JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mothers Day

This painting was rendered in the fall, but I thought it appropriate considering the date and it's title.

Mom,  oil on canvas, 8x10in, 2009, private collection

 

Black eyed Susans, Chickory and Queen Anne’s lace symbolize my Mom’s love of nature. Right now my Mom is going through one of the worst ordeals of her life and she is the bravest person I know. I am so very very proud of her and so very thankful that she is My Mom. I could never begin to articulate everything she means to me or the many things that she has accomplished and what she has sacrificed for me over my life—I just can’t fathom how I would have turned out  without her devotion and support…although to be honest,
she might have had an easier time had I conformed just a little.. An example-in my young adulthood when I went flying across the country with stars in my eyes and she had to arrange a return flight for home almost as soon as I arrived, she stated” Oh Janet, can’t you do anything conventional?’ Love you so much Mom.

4 comments: