JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Wednesday, May 26, 2010



It is hard to post this image tonight. I went out early in the day to stay cool before the heat and humidity set in. We (dogs and myself) found a breezy spot under the shade of a young tree and the atmosphere was really beautiful. The painting came together fairly quickly and hopefully caught some colour and light..we set off home on a chartreuse path laden with sun-yellow wild mustard, white bright wild daisies and magenta flox. I got in the door and and there was a call from the hospital. So I spent the remains of the day and night in such a grim, desperate and foreign environment- an environment that so many are sadly and unjustly so very familiar with. I suppose I feel that it is almost a kind of sick (pun intended) joke that is being played on us.. colour and light juxtaposed against dark, grey monochrome..


May
oil on panel
6x8in, 2010

3 comments:

  1. Jan, I hope things are better. This painting is very uplifting and optimistic--colors are definitely seasonal. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Morgan, for your kind words--and yes, faith and optimism are key--

    Glad you stopped by Marian, and for your comment!

    ReplyDelete