JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Thursday, April 29, 2010



Yesterday the encaustic workshop went really well and my students created some spectacular work! They inspired me so much that  after the workshop I just –kept on working!

 Garden Corner 1
encaustic on panel
10x16in, 2010
available

Continuing in my seasonal garden series, this year’s works are  titled ‘Garden Corner’. Flowers, seed packets and seeds are now preserved forever, planted and embroidered in rich layers of natural beeswax. I also incorporated fresh dandelions (really like the abstract qualities of their leaves), forsythia  and wild violets. Because this  medium cuts off all oxygen, the colour of the flowers remain intact. 

 Garden Corner 2
encaustic on panel
10x16in, 2010
available




Ancient and intriguing, this method of painting originated in Greece, where it was used for the earliest easel and mural painting. A heady combination of colour, melting wax and heat, encaustic mixes dry and oil pigments in hot beeswax. 

 Garden Corner 3
encaustic on panel
6x10in, 2010
available


  To read more about this luscious medium, please click here. If you would like to sign up for one of my workshops, just email me.
a HOT pallet


finally, a REASON TO IRON!

Masterpieces by Danna Hawke



'Dance', David Hallet

'Spring', David Hallet

1 comment:

  1. Wow..these are so amazing! (Of course, I saw some in real life, so I know how great they are)It is so incredible that flowers will keep their color. Just beautiful..thanks for sharing such a unique medium.

    ReplyDelete