JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Plein Air Warning


This early spring's sunshine, balmy air and wild green grasses come at a steep price for those of us who insist on painting them on location... 


April, Waiting for May
oil on canvas, 18x24in
SOLD


The dreaded tick is alive and well in my neck of the woods, so to speak. I refuse to go into detail regarding these disgusting and sometimes debilitating (Lyme disease) parasites, but just be careful--check your clothes, your paints and your pets!!!!


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, this painting is SO spring in the Niagara region! Looking at it, one can feel the energy of new growth, fresh spring air, and the promise of more to come. It is such a glorious time of year, and you have captured it so well. (When I start selling (she said confidently :), I will have to own a Jan Yate's original)
    Thanks for the link in the previous post. It is sad reading. Her paintings are very interesting. Your painting had a sadness to it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Thanks for the positive comments on my painting, but I couldn't leave it alone and had to make some changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have wondered what they look like or feel like if they "get" you. Do you know??

    Anyway... LOVE that quote about spring... What a lovely painting too!! Isn't spring just a fabulous time to paint... Of course almost anytime is. Do you miss southern California??? Looks like you've got a great place to live now!
    Glad I dropped by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan, I once was bitten by one of those tics. Was on Shelter Island, NY, the 2nd most "ticky" place in the US after Lyme, Conn. I did't know I'd been bitten, we checked ourselves everyday. Awhile after returning to Colorado, I had a huge, round, raised greenish spot on my leg. I went immediately to the dr. who didn't even question what it was when i told him I'd been to that part of the country. Luckily, the meds took are of it!

    ReplyDelete