JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Tuesday, March 9, 2010


This afternoon the air was filled with songs of birds and smelled of sweet things growing. The light was diffused and dreamy in the late day sun, and I was lucky enough to see three young deer floating in the orchard. I couldn’t wait to start painting. 

Unfortunately, when I unpacked my gear, my yellows were nowhere in site!!!!!! But I soldiered on anyway, using red, orange, indigo, violet and ultramarine blue. 



March, Little Voices in the Air
oil on canvas
6x6in, 2010
available

It did change the feel of the painting! I do like the composition and may go out again and paint from the same vantage point--this time with cadmium yellow light and cadmium yellow included with my gear:-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jan! I just noticed your link to our site at Escarpment Views. I appreciate that. We're happy to get updates about your activities and events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors in this one. See what great things happen from mistakes! The previous painting is very striking. March...it teases us so much. But I'm happy to be teased.

    ReplyDelete