JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

TV Interview

This Land is OUR Land
Myself and two other artists, Kim Rempel and Michelle Teitsma, have been working for the past year on a project  researching the impact of the Greenbelt legisltion in Southern Ontario. There is a  link to our venture on the right of this blog (Greenbelt Collective) or click here.
 A local television show recently approached and interviewed us in response  to the plight of area grape farmers  and you can view the Utube interview on that link.

A big THANK YOU to Stephen Parr and TV Cogeco!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been exercising great restraint in NOT going outside to paint this week.
- self discipline goes a long way in art-making (and life in general:D

I have been working on some larger paintings in the studio and really need to stay in the same frame of mind. Sometimes switching off to render small works just takes me away from a place that took me so long to get to...

So I am posting some wee encaustic field boxes that I created last April. The images were drawn or painted on-site and then I employed the encaustic technique to permanently fuse them to wooden boxes. To see more of my encaustic series, please click here.

April, Little Voices in the Air
encaustic on box
6x9in, SOLD

 


April, Waiting For May
encaustic on box
6x9in, SOLD


April
encaustic on box
6x9in, SOLD

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about staying in the same frame of mind. Sometimes I feel like I am almost in a trance state, so enmeshed with the painting that its hard to break away. If you do, its just as hard to get back. I really enjoyed looking at these April scenes. The rendering of the trees is wonderful. The touches of color in the trees suggests the awakening of life. The "heading" painting is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete