JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Saturday, June 26, 2010



Yesterday I posted an image that I wasn't sure I was happy with. When I post images it really gets me away from the work, allowing much needed objectivity. Well, I removed the post shortly after as I saw almost immediately what the painting lacked. I worked on it today and am much happier with the outcome.

Time to leave work for a week or so is ideal. Right now I have four paintings on the go and this usually helps me to stand back with a fresh eye if I work on them alternately. Easier said than done--some get in your blood and you just have to stay with them--sometimes regrettably- but worth the sacrifice as they always teach me something.
June
oil on canvas
18x24in, 2010
available


4 comments:

  1. Expressive brushwork in your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh ! ... blue June is back ! I saw it initially & then it disappeared ! ... apparently she went back to the 'studio' for pampering !

    Its a lovely view Jan. ... entices one to walk between the rows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Jan. Love the colors and the dramatic sky! Grapes are brewing in the warm air of June. I can totally relate to your comments about staying with some paintings with unfortunate outcomes....but as you say, we can learn a lot from them. The lady in the red dress took up way to much time, but the lessons invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Becky ANd for your comment!

    And yes, Robyn, I know you had a peek at the long gone painting and I so appreciate your comments on THat June--whish I had of saved--but I'm glad you like this June as well!!!

    Catherine, I like 'Grapes are brewing in the warm air of June'..great title for a painting!

    ReplyDelete