JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Saturday, June 19, 2010


This kind of day—humid, sticky and stifling- can turn into a perfectly pleasant evening and I took advantage.
After the usual Saturday chores I headed out around 5PM for the back field and wasn’t disappointed. The air had cooled and freshened and was filled with my favorite a capella bird melodies. 


I think that is what I find most enticing about being in an open field. You know that it is home to so very many creatures but the colours and textures camouflage them so well.


June, Greenbelt Disaster
oil on canvas
12x12in, 2010
available

I didn’t realize how long I was out until the sky really started to churn and I heard thunder nearby. It was a scramble to get my shoes back on, gather my gear, round up the dogs and make my way home- as I write this it still hasn’t rained.


2 comments:

  1. Jan ... I think u r the queen of 'sky' ! ... The essence u capture never ceases to amaze me ! ...

    but must admit ... lately have been rather enraptured with 'finally, my hollyhocks' ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dark rich colors so suggestive of an approaching storm. The sky is gorgeous with the patches of light holding on.We have had a lot of these "almost" storms lately. I think they are afraid of Lake Ontario :)

    ReplyDelete