JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Friday, June 25, 2010



Today I saw a large transport hauling bales of hay. Usually in June the field behind where I live is turned, but so far no hay. I wonder if it is because we have had so much rain. Every year I paint hay bales from this field I know so well. The birds have finished nesting and now the carpet of clover is rolled up to be recycled for livestock bedding and food. The vast size of the round bales provide a perfect place to hide and paint, and I relish in the fresh-cut scent as I am working.
Here is a wee oil sketch from last June.


June
oil on canvas
9x12in, 2009

1 comment:

  1. Like the composition of this one and the touches of blue. The painting is typical of our time of the year...cool and warm at the same time.

    ReplyDelete