JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Saturday, January 9, 2010


January, Remains of the Day
oil on canvas
20x20in, 2010

For the past week I have worked on this painting at the same time of day: 4:45PM until dark. During each day, the light has been different--mostly subdued and rather monochromatic. But even on those flat days, the culmination of light at days'  end always delivers.
And the days are getting longer! :-D
(and I should also mention it was too cold for even Me to venture out. Painted looking out my studio window)
 
available
purchase here

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comments. It is great to meet other artists close by. I enjoyed looking through your art work, and especially like the vineyard and orchard scenes. I am always so dismayed when I come into your area and see all of the orchards and lush soil replaced by homes and condos.
    I'll be by again!

    ReplyDelete