JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Sunday, January 31, 2010

ART FOR AUCTION @ JORDAN ART GALLERY
June and Joan
oil on canvas, 2009
18x25in, SOLD


This is a painting from my garden series that is up for auction at the Jordan Art Gallery for the month of February. To view works available or to bid, click here 

*re the title 'June and Joan'
my good friend of over 30 years'  name is Joan, and she LOVES poppies--actually
loves anything red. And in June I always think of her and the summers of our
youth..

When I was riding my bike a few years ago I met a woman who was gardening
and we had a lovely long chat about flowers and she took me around her
garden telling me stories of how she acquired her plants--as is often the
case, they were from friends and each had a story.

She gave me the poppy seeds and the following June these glorious flowers
appeared..out I went with my paint box ...  the garden of our youth ain't over yet Joan:-)

1 comment:

  1. Just popped in for a visit... Your paintings have such great movement in them... very alive!!!
    I will return!

    ReplyDelete