JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Friday, October 8, 2010



This is another plein air work rendered last October that I put away. Because the premise of my work is about documenting the seasons and climate change, if I start a painting in a certain month and don't have the opportunity to finish in the same month with the same weather, I put it away until the following year. This was painted at the END of October 2009--on my walks in the field the colours are the same NOW, mid October, so we are definably early in the changing of the seasons in the land.



October, Greenbelt Disaster
oil on canvas
18x24in, available

For those of you that have inquired re my titles that include 'Greenbelt Disaster'

'The ‘Greenbelt Disaster’ series transpired after I caught sight of a hand painted sign of the same name propped up on the back of a tractor. The tractor was parked on the service road near Niagara’s QEW for all to see and behind it was a smouldering vineyard. It was a protest from local growers, whose vineyards and orchards were destroyed or left to go fallow because they could no longer afford to farm them. Since, I have visited and interviewed some of these growers and organizations and this series of paintings is a culmination of that investigation.' To read more please visit: This Land is our Land

*

1 comment:

  1. I think that this site contains lot of info about my desired information which is must for all like me. I like it. Your site is also informative. I have enjoyed it. So I’m happy to read it. Thanks


    Quickset Ink Systems

    ReplyDelete