JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Saturday, February 27, 2010


Lately I have been reviewing Bonnard’s paintings—one of my all-time favourites! Initially it was for a ‘colour kick’ after all the winter monochrome. Yes, hands down Bonnard was one of the most ingenious colourists, and I’ve always liked his compositions. What initially looks like a coloured shape often turns into a dog, plate, or person. This optical trick of the eye is what does it for me and most if it is done via pure colour patterns divided into many subtle values.


Waiting for Arugula
oil on canvas
12x12in, 2010
Another artist and myself have been researching organic farms for a project involving farming on the Greenbelt. Today we visited a lovely small farm in Beamsville, Ontario. The owner gave us a tour of her hoop house, where she grows salad greens in winter. She then led us to the chicken coop and proceeded to feed these lively –and spoiled- birds arugula from her indoor garden! We took some eggs home - with a diet like that they are sure to be delicious:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment