JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Saturday, July 10, 2010


After a week of no rain and steaming hot weather, relief came yesterday in a day-long downpour. As a result, today's sunshine brought new wild grasses and flowers, my favourite being clover, thistle and chicory. Their vivid and varied patterns and colours, as well as light movement in the breeze, tantalized yellow finches and butterflies. It was a pleasure watching them feed as I painted—nature’s so ALL WAYS in sync!




July
oil on canvas
12x24in, 2010

3 comments:

  1. Cool aquamarine blue, hot padparascha pink and everything in between, from citrine, rose quartz and olivine to peridot, amethyst and turquoise... the essence of Jewel ... I !
    I just love the 'sparkle' of this painting, Jan ! It is so multi facetted ... right up my alley !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That downpour was happening when I was setting up in Toronto! But I didn't mind, because I knew everything needed it so badly...including my little garden. Again you have captured the lovely natural world of July in Ontario and all the growth around us. Great piece.
    The show went well. It was a great crowd in spite of the heat and rain. I sold several small and medium pieces, and a couple of larger ones and received lots of positive feedback. I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! have been so lax in responding!
    Robyn I'm quite enchanted by the beautiful names of stones you work with and to compare them with my pallet is a wonderful compliment that I'm not sure I deserve!

    Thanks Catherine--I am so very glad the show went well for you--are you dong the spring show?

    ReplyDelete