JUST A REMINDER THAT I NO LONGER POST ON THIS BLOG.

PLEASE VISIT ME HERE

Thursday, December 24, 2009


December, Nocturne
oil on canvas
8x10, 2009

I suppose it was only a matter of time. I had ventured out to do a series of nocturne paintings a few years ago. It was summer and I painted  hay stacks in the moonlight. Easier said than done. In the warm weather all kinds of creatures come out to play--some unwelcome.  Recently, one of my students, Dora Keogh, a very accomplished plein air artist, went out in the bitter evening cold and rendered some magnificent night paintings, which inspired me to 'weather ' the elements and re-visit the mysterious nuances of night.

available      
purchase here

1 comment:

  1. i am amazed by your work. Much blessings.
    Stop by when you have time
    AskMrLoverMan.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete